Blake Avenue, Barking
The site is a brownfield site, currently unused, lying within a predominantly residential area. The site has outline consent for 14 flats all for private sale. Bowsall in partnership with Estuary Housing Association have submitted a revised scheme for a 100% affordable scheme for the same number of units.
The affordable flats are all designed to the GLA housing requirements and would provide much needed housing to people in need.
The site, which measures 0.98 Ha, is located on the south side of Blake Avenue within the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham approximately 1.3 miles east of Barking and 2.5 miles to the west of Dagenham. The River Thames is approximately 2 miles due south of the site.
The principles of the scheme can be summarised as follows:
- 14 affordable rent flats provided as 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom.
- Reuse of brownfield site with good existing transport links
- Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4
- On site car parking, refuse storage and cycle storage
- Private amenity spaces in the form of balconies and gardens
- Communal amenity spaces in the form of roof terraces and gardens